Friday, January 15, 2010

Brotherhood

This morning when i dropped my sis in law at the bus stop, something just hit my heart when she waved good bye to me with my little nephew in her arm. It reminded me about 10 years ago when her husband, my brother, dropped me at the bus stop at the province.

I remember I left my family when i was 13 or 14 living with my grandmother in PP. My brother was living with me for a while to do some of his studies in the capital city. But then he got a job back home in Kampot, and that was when i was left living alone with my grandma.

It was so hard for me when he left after all of those years living with me. He was all i have. I didn't have any close friends or a girlfriend. We spent most of the weekends together going to concert, swimming at the stadium and sometimes singing.

I remember i rarely visited home in Kampot as i was busy with my studies and to avoid spending much on traveling back and ford. But every time i did, my brother was always the one who took me to the bus stop. I remember he would reach for his pockets and search for those few tens thousands for me. " Study hard, bro!" He would advice.

I would cry looking out the window when the bus drove off. I would look back at him until he was out of sight and kept sorbbing along the way until i fall asleep.

10 years on, a lot of things have changed. He got married to a very understanding and loving wife with one kid. I grew up to be who i am today. But something will never change in my heart, the love, care and forgiveness he once had for me.

5 comments:

Sopheary said...

He once had for u? U made it sound like he no longer cares. I bet he still does. By the way, u reminded me of what my dad said: an older brother is like a parent. And this is so true.

Ven said...

I know what you mean,pheary! and i know what you felt like,mate. Reading this brought back so many bittersweet memories with my brother,and thanks to these there's always this understanding and bond between us.

Rithy said...

pm,he still does, i can feel it..

Ven, my brother and i were pretty much like you and your brother now.

Unknown said...

u never told us these! but well, i have no elder bro, so guess i dont understand that.

Rithy said...

Hour, i could be your older brother..Just respect me as one, bro!